Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Faith

AACF bible study.

In what ways is our faith similar to gold?

Gold is shiny and bright on the outside. When we place it in the fire, all the impurities burn away and all we're left with is the pure gold itself. Our faith is like gold. We might have gold like faith and look great on the outside. But true faith is tested when God puts us in the fire of trials and in the end, all our impurities will burn away and what is left is our true faith. If we didn't have any "pure gold" or true faith to begin with, then we are left with nothing.

Sometimes when I'm faced with hard times, the trials of life, I tend to complain or lose hope and forget that God is there and that what He is doing is for the good in the bigger picture. But afterward, when I reflect back, I just remember all the past times that He has done me good and help me get through tough times. I just have to remember that I have faith and not lose it whenever something hard comes along. Because forgetting can cause us to make wrong decisions and create more dilemmas.

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. -1 Peter 1:8-9"

No comments:

Post a Comment